Back to topic list

[ Goto page Prev 1, 2, 3, 4 Next ]
AuthorMessage
CloughyPost subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 
AvatarRachel and Katherine you are signed up as per your requests!
Posted:
Tue 3rd Feb, 2009
11:19am
CloughyPost subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 
AvatarI wouldn't mind helping Iain, were you thinking of doing this on the way up to scotland? As a group of six would mean more cars driving than I believe are planned.
Posted:
Tue 3rd Feb, 2009
11:20am
AthrunPost subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 

- Yes, drunken old men are weird. Drunken old men who give you a kilt and sporen to wear for New Year's Eve are cool.

- RobTom> The Ben Nevis walk was great fun and got rid of my hang over perfectly! Was definately the best non-paddling day for me at New Year :)

- The tour is specifically placed mid holidays, so you can knuckle down to revision both before and after. You need a week off somewhere!

- Iain, I'd love to join in on that training idea, although I'd like to try and keep things simple if possible...... Let me know a bit more about your ideas....

- Al, not completely booked yet but some time will be spent near Fort William, some time probably closer to Findhorn because it's such a good river I don't think we can give it a miss!

Posted:
Tue 3rd Feb, 2009
11:32am
Edited by Athrun on Tue 3rd Feb 2009, 11:32am
Rich (Einstein)Post subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 
Avatarim up for river skills iain, so long as doesnt complicate things
Posted:
Tue 3rd Feb, 2009
12:26pm
IainPost subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 
Avatarnah, they were two separate comments: i'm well aware that there is no way we'll be early enough to run something on the way up.

I was thinking that for the sort of people who have already responded to say they're interested it's time that they became able to decide what needs doing, rather than just competantly follow instructions. Was thinking of this group simply constituting one river group for, say, three days or whatever we feel like, during which we equip everyone to lead a river, including group management and rapid inspection and protection. In between we'd be able to do things like have a play when we found a nice wave, have safety set up for the rest of you when convenient. It would also be possible to practise any particular personal paddling skills as and when we wanted/the oportunity arose.

to clarify: running the same rivers and stuff. We should be autonamous in terms of kit required (solong as i source some splits by then), and if at least one other person has a fa kit and ability, and two other people have lines.

approximate group of myself and Andy with rachel, nigel, steve, matt, einstein (certainly no more, but potentially swappage etc) would be fairly perfect.

potentially could do same sort of stuff on two different 3ish day bits with different people.

does that constitute a bit more? :p
Posted:
Tue 3rd Feb, 2009
3:32pm
AthrunPost subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 
Avatarcool, sounds good. We'll have to try and sort it out, but will depend on who we've got paddling on the day etc as usual!
We also have a couple of video cameras that could be included in that group :P
Posted:
Tue 3rd Feb, 2009
5:25pm
BarnetPost subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 
AvatarDefinitely interested Iain if swappage was available...
Posted:
Tue 3rd Feb, 2009
6:13pm
AlPost subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 
AvatarAs i say the soton guys are leaving on the 4th, but i'll be more than happy to stick around and help out if you need me/i will be staying around so might as well make use of me. Somehow i'm becoming more responsible on the river.....honest.
Posted:
Wed 4th Feb, 2009
12:24am
manofPost subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 
Posted:
Wed 4th Feb, 2009
12:36am
White NinjaPost subject: Re: Easter Tour 2008 signup 
AvatarI may make it up it is my birthday after all! Although the dirty pint I was served up last time is an obstacle towards my willingness to attend
Posted:
Wed 4th Feb, 2009
12:54am

[ Goto page Prev 1, 2, 3, 4 Next ]