Back to topic list

AuthorMessage
DKPost subject: Raft Building 

Since the weather is so nice and many of us are done with exams (sorry if you're not yet) we'll be doing a social that's a bit different next Thursday. We'll be heading down to Leam Boat Centre, where we'll have a load of barrels, poles and ropes to build into rafts. Two teams will compete to build the best raft and then race down the River Leam to see who can paddle their raft the fastest without meeting a watery ending. See link for an example of what this is like.

We'll be meeting at Leam Boat centre at around 1:30 (campus/coventry folk should get the bus around 1). The cost will be £10 per head which will get us all the equipment and an afternoons playtime. Please sign up if you're coming since I need to know roughly numbers in advance.

(chunder)Dave

Posted:
Fri 10th Jun, 2011
4:04pm
Edited by DK on Fri 10th Jun 2011, 4:05pm
EinsteinPost subject: Re: Raft Building 
Avatarto clarify, is next thursday the day after tomorrow?
Posted:
Tue 14th Jun, 2011
11:20am
DKPost subject: Re: Raft Building 
AvatarYes, it's the day after tomorrow.
Posted:
Tue 14th Jun, 2011
2:14pm
BrycePost subject: Re: Raft Building 
AvatarIf only there was some way of discerning that specific day as the day of your event as oppose to every other day in the year ....

Posted:
Tue 14th Jun, 2011
6:17pm
AlPost subject: Re: Raft Building 
AvatarWill you be heading to a pub later on as i won't be home from work til at least 5.30 and have been waiting for a social!
Posted:
Tue 14th Jun, 2011
7:25pm
ScamrassPost subject: Re: Raft Building 
AvatarI hate the fact I still have exams :(
Posted:
Tue 14th Jun, 2011
7:45pm
DKPost subject: Re: Raft Building 
AvatarI shall certainly be wanting to head to the pub after for a few. Likely be finished sometime after 4, so can text you to let you know where we go. Probably will be somewhere like the Jug and Jester.

Also there will be a social all afternoon and evening next Wednesday, tba very shortly!
Posted:
Wed 15th Jun, 2011
12:56am